Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#62 Chef Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Yeah, I'm not sure that lock down man on man defenders are as important in the age of "pass until open 3" basketball. He would have been huge in the early 00s.

They aren't but if you are winning a championship this year you are going to need plug and play rotation guys to give you 10-12 playoff minutes against the best small forwards and sg's in the league. It's the same reason iguadala is so valuable right now.

Is mkg alone valuable? No. Is his expiring valuable if the hornets are willing to take on another of salary which not only makes you deeper in the playoffs but gives you cap space next year? It is easily worth a mid to late first.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#63 Chef Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Slow down hard charger. David West was an historically elite big shooter. He’d crush PnP in today’s game.

Hell, he was so good from 2P that his efficiency still holds up nicely against many of today’s 3P shooting bigs.

All true but I think you are discounting just how much he benefited from playing with cp3. Pj I think may have a better skillset to do it more on his own.

#64 Founding Hornet Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

who is pj?

not quite chris bosh in size and mid range. way better than david west. not an athletic sf type but can shoot outside and is very very adept in the post. i love his offensive game.

http://www.espn.com/...lip?id=27971640

Tougher Paul Pierce is ceiling.

#65 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Veteran_Picksetter

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,757 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10

Yeah, I'm not sure that lock down man on man defenders are as important in the age of "pass until open 3" basketball. He would have been huge in the early 00s.

Well put. Seemed like a safe enough pick due to length, athleticism, and character, but boy the league trends squashed that.

Of course, it's not unheard of for a player to develop a reliable 3 point shot. Imagine if that had happened. Oh well.

#66 Chef Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:20 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Tougher Paul Pierce is ceiling.

The ceiling is the roof on this one.

#67 nowhere fast Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:22 PM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

#68 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:37 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
https://www.nba.com/...e-ladder-week-1

NBA.com ranks PJ Washington as the second best rookie in the NBA

#69 dnbman Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,398 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

https://www.nba.com/...e-ladder-week-1

NBA.com ranks PJ Washington as the second best rookie in the NBA

I was hunting for the ladder last night and couldn't find it. Cool to see him at the top. 

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#70 buckets Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:44 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

All true but I think you are discounting just how much he benefited from playing with cp3. Pj I think may have a better skillset to do it more on his own.

Hmmm....we see West very differently. IMO he’s one of the most underrated bigs in recent history, or at the very least missed his ideal window of modern basketball. His numbers/impact traveled with him to Indiana too.

I’d have him as a top 10 all-time big shooter (projecting a tad given his measured PNP synergy data and mid/ft). An all-NBA type versatile defender. Indiana’s best front court defender when they were dominant, not Hibbert. And goat-ish FT and mid-range shooting in his prime for an NBA big.

Also a minutes Ironman giving 23% career usage + solid passing so not exactly an offensive role player.

Personally would’ve loved seeing prime David West in today’s game. Not sure there’s anyone today quite like him.
#Chodidthemath

#71 Chef Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:12 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Hmmm....we see West very differently. IMO he’s one of the most underrated bigs in recent history, or at the very least missed his ideal window of modern basketball. His numbers/impact traveled with him to Indiana too.

I’d have him as a top 10 all-time big shooter (projecting a tad given his measured PNP synergy data and mid/ft). An all-NBA type versatile defender. Indiana’s best front court defender when they were dominant, not Hibbert. And goat-ish FT and mid-range shooting in his prime for an NBA big.

Also a minutes Ironman giving 23% career usage + solid passing so not exactly an offensive role player.

Personally would’ve loved seeing prime David West in today’s game. Not sure there’s anyone today quite like him.

I actually agree with you until the goat-ish part. I guess I just say, all that was true, yet he was never dominant. Always a 2b type guy. And that is exactly what I see pj being. So maybe David west is a target.

#72 buckets Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I actually agree with you until the goat-ish part. I guess I just say, all that was true, yet he was never dominant. Always a 2b type guy. And that is exactly what I see pj being. So maybe David west is a target.

goatish in the shooting sense for an NBA big. In todays game maybe peaking as a top 15 impact type player, more or less, with defense and offensive usage in all the right areas. He never garnered that level of appreciation but IMO that was on those doing the appreciating (and his skill’s role in 2019).

Anyways, I’m down with PJ. Just wanted to talk David West for a bit.
#Chodidthemath

#73 Chef Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

goatish in the shooting sense for an NBA big. In todays game maybe peaking as a top 15 impact type player, more or less, with defense and offensive usage in all the right areas. He never garnered that level of appreciation but IMO that was on those doing the appreciating (and his skill’s role in 2019).

Anyways, I’m down with PJ. Just wanted to talk David West for a bit.

Yes and you forgot to mention top 5 league tough guy his whole career. He and zbo had to be 1-2 there.

#74 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:35 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Unfortunately Bonnell cursed him earlier today

https://www.charlott...236816318.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic