#41 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Kinda funny how this team has already almost won more close games then the last years

#42 JGib23 Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:31 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,672 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08
If someone would have said we would be 3-3 after the first 6 games I would have tried to bet the under. Pleasantly surprised with how well the team is playing while also developing the young guys.

Monk seems to be finding himself which is encouraging and he had a couple nice plays on defense tonight awesome.

That 3 second call on Devonte was a very quick 3 seconds

#43 Adam42R Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Most local sports talk and podcasts, along with fans

I mean it looked a lot harder than it turned out to be.

The Kings were supposed to be an up and coming young team pushing fo make the playoffs.

and the Warriors were supposed to be the Warriors

Oh if you want to include local sports talk, I'd bet they are able to actually cite game minutes they watch on par to how much they have watched University of Hawaii football to date. They talk so much a priori crap, none of it seems to be rooted in game minutes watched or at least watched with any particular care.  Bailey might be the one lone exception to that rule across all of Charlotte radio.

But my call out of most is more around the practicality that we are likely as unpredictable to our opponents as we are to anyone betting on our play. We are the confetti still falling to the floor at this point, I have next to no clue what or who shows up how for Tuesday and even moreso Thursday this week.  However, I surely am elated with 3-3.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#44 cltblkhscoach Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:55 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#45 nowhere fast Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

Cody Martin saved our Bacon tonight.

#46 Whiz Kid Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

It seems no matter how good he plays, or how bad others play* JB doesn't let Monk eclipse 20 minutes. I thought he should have been a part of the closing group tonight. He's been playing well even when he's not scoring imo.

I'm convinced Bacon is either going to be good or terrible on a game by game basis. Even tonight he had a good game but I thought the majority of shots he took were terrible, he just happened to be hitting tonight. His tunnel vision is borderline cringeworthy at times.

#47 cltblkhscoach Posted 03 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

It seems no matter how good he plays, or how bad others play* JB doesn't let Monk eclipse 20 minutes. I thought he should have been a part of the closing group tonight. He's been playing well even when he's not scoring imo.

I'm convinced Bacon is either going to be good or terrible on a game by game basis. Even tonight he had a good game but I thought the majority of shots he took were terrible, he just happened to be hitting tonight. His tunnel vision is borderline cringeworthy at times.

As time progresses, it will be interesting to see where his fit will be. There is something to be said with ball stoppage and tunnel vision, but a skill the elite guys have is the ability to go get a bucket and he has that.

Like most young guys, he has to build his consistency and he said so after the game. Its a fine line of finding your points within the offense and being a ball stopper. I think he is feeling his way through that right now.

#48 Adam42R Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I thought Monk had a huge impact night. I thought Monk was the better pick to close the game out for the exact reasons you state. I however can't get with the notion of "no matter what x" with Monk because in reality, Monk has been the most inconsistent player we have so I can understand why the staff didn't trust him with the 21st, 22nd minute and so on last night. If he can play that same value added 20 mins consistently, imo, he'll soon earn minutes 21-30.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#49 Chef Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:52 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I thought Monk had a huge impact night. I thought Monk was the better pick to close the game out for the exact reasons you state. I however can't get with the notion of "no matter what x" with Monk because in reality, Monk has been the most inconsistent player we have so I can understand why the staff didn't trust him with the 21st, 22nd minute and so on last night. If he can play that same value added 20 mins consistently, imo, he'll soon earn minutes 21-30.

If we are talking "what I don't get" why was a Martin twin in as a "all switching defense" lineup instead of mkg? He is clearly the better choice. If you are literally never going to play him, trade him.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#50 Adam42R Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:35 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

If we are talking "what I don't get" why was a Martin twin in as a "all switching defense" lineup instead of mkg? He is clearly the better choice. If you are literally never going to play him, trade him.

I am almost certain they are looking to trade him. Remember if Mitch is looking to improve the team via trades, they aren't talking about contracts Willy's size.

#51 cltblkhscoach Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Right now, Im sure Mitch's edict, as it should be, if you are trading MKG dont take back long term money. And there are few teams with 13M cap space available just to accept him as a rental for lets say a 2nd round pick.

MKG was real and said he stayed to feed his family. Money won out over PT and he is acting like I would if I was riding the bench for 13 million, happy and supportive. Lol

#52 Adam42R Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:19 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Don't agree coach, this is no longer about long term money concerns, they want to trade for talent, not to clear space for free agency. They will likely be looking to take back multiple years of pricey talent from a team wanting to shift their current plans. MKG, Marvin, Biz all fall into trade bait for those deals. Cody and Nic would be further down the list of likelies IMO.

#53 murphman Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:28 AM

murphman

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
Lol, I just noticed if the playoffs started today the Hornets would be the 6th seed. But that does raise a point. In early February before the trade deadline if Charlotte's draft pick is shaping up to be in the 10-18 range, it becomes a valuable trade piece combined with the expiring contracts.

#54 Adam42R Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
But Murphy, could they possibly deal a FRP in light they are placing all bets on Trades and Development? I admit they could use a pick as currency but Lord knows I hope they don't.

#55 cltblkhscoach Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Don't agree coach, this is no longer about long term money concerns, they want to trade for talent, not to clear space for free agency. They will likely be looking to take back multiple years of pricey talent from a team wanting to shift their current plans. MKG, Marvin, Biz all fall into trade bait for those deals. Cody and Nic would be further down the list of likelies IMO.

Who is giving up pricey talent for MKG? I dont want long term deals say 3 years down the road hamstringing us when we are ready to contend....

#56 Adam42R Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:18 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Who is giving up pricey talent for MKG? I dont want long term deals say 3 years down the road hamstringing us when we are ready to contend....

Think that only a team that feels they are now under a bad contract that want to liquidate it for their own FA pursuits. 

There are several contracts with three years left on them that I'd be glad to take on - but to even start to think of who that might entail, we'll have to watch the season play out and see who is way, way, way below expectations come end of January. Seems like SAC is off to a good start in that direction.  IND I assume is in win-now mode too and if they aren't showing such signs by winter's solstice, I'd think they would look to soft reset.  HOU is always a candidate for a team that will unload a good player/contract because … oooh shiny!   

Moreover, if we don't trade with those contracts, we're in the soup because Mitch has already said our path to improvement is via trade and development and doesn't forsee free agency as a route. With that said, what's the value of expiring contracts ourselves or even ones with 3 months left on them if we aren't going to resign high priced talent?

#57 buckets Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I agree his contract isn’t close to being positive but his expiring deal + skills are useful for the right team. With the dearth of good 2020 Free Agents a possible scenario is a team wanting 2020 absorption room and an immediate need for wing or pf defensive depth. Idea being a little help now from MKG and the possibility of taking on the contract of a productive player into 2020 space.

Perhaps likelier is part of a larger deal where his expiring is attached to a bigger FA fish. For example a team trading for Draymond with the notion of re-signing him next summer would find value in MKG’s expiring deal. In exchange Charlotte receives something like a decent rotation player on a deal running through next season + a 2nd.

Unfortunately the biggest wrench in moving MKG is the same principles apply to Marvin who absolutely should be moved. I see 5 teams right now that could use Marvin’s services. Like ASAP.
#Chodidthemath

#58 buckets Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Side note, Detroit eventually has to pick a lane. If they don’t tear it down (they should) I’d love seeing a makeover that included jettisoning Andre Drummond, acquiring Draymond to pair with Blake, and structuring a competent roster around those 2.

Not sure how CHA’s involved there. I guess Draymond, Blake, Cody, and Marvin’s expiring is a really nice makeover on the fly. Add in a better fitting PG in the mold of George Hill and yeah, I can kinda sorta see Detroit making EC noise.
#Chodidthemath

#59 Chef Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:45 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Right now, Im sure Mitch's edict, as it should be, if you are trading MKG dont take back long term money. And there are few teams with 13M cap space available just to accept him as a rental for lets say a 2nd round pick.

MKG was real and said he stayed to feed his family. Money won out over PT and he is acting like I would if I was riding the bench for 13 million, happy and supportive. Lol

If your first paragraph is correct, I quit.

Why aren't you taking back salary in exchange for picks!!!!????? This team is literally a rudderless ship listing in the ocean.

Yes, don't go into the tax but you should be calling every team with expirings for picks and longer salary deals.

#60 Chef Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Contend for what?

This team has very little talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users