Everyone sucks tonight

#22 cltblkhscoach Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:06 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Boston is a professional basketball club, our shooting shoes arent on tonight. Gonna have to take some defense for real

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#23 cltblkhscoach Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Interesting from Miles....

#24 dnbman Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,398 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

GG. 

Celtics are really good. 

We're young. On to the next one.

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#25 cltblkhscoach Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,178 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
They certainly didnt overlook us. At 4-3 we had their full attention. Onto New Orleans, lets get it back

#26 JGib23 Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,672 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08
Rozier was so bad tonight (have mentioned that I hate that contract?)

I think the kids were nervous about the national TV game because they played very tight.

We have 3 players that I’m interested in keeping long term (Graham, PJ, and Miles) everyone else on the roster is just a guy.

#27 Buzzau Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:56 PM

Buzzau

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
We get it everyone hates Rozier because hes not Kemba and we are paying him a lot. Half you guys just hate him because hes not Kemba without ever giving him a chance.

He had a bad game against his former team, hes not the first and won't be the last. He was good the last few games and will be better against the Pels.

#28 Adam42R Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:00 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I'm right they're with you Gib. I'd prioritize those three. I'd like to see what we ultimately have in Co.Martin but not at the cost of using contracts to make a G.Haywood signing type move a la 2014.

I don't think tonight is indicative of whom we are. I felt the team, like the Hornets fans in the arena wanted this over more than they wanted this to play or tonight. I might be applying my own filter but the vibe was odd as hell, like subdued mild entertainment outside of a few flashier plays. I want to think we'll see who we are on Saturday and I'm hoping were more the scrappy team of the last 3 games than tonight's crew.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#29 Adam42R Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:06 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

We get it everyone hates Rozier because hes not Kemba and we are paying him a lot. Half you guys just hate him because hes not Kemba without ever giving him a chance.

He had a bad game against his former team, hes not the first and won't be the last. He was good the last few games and will be better against the Pels.

I think this is fair. I would really like it if I felt he was studying film and going to school on bad decisions one game so they don't appear the next. But the season is young and he has as much a chance to figure it out as not.

I am however rapidly losing faith that Bacon has big league chops. I think, as absurd as it sounds coming from my mouth, Malik needs to get the nod over DB. He's no worse a defender at this point and his offensive upside, if he got some burn, provides us a higher ceiling.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#30 WIAN Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,284 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
Bacon flunked the character test tonight. Every time he was in front of Tatum defensively his body language said "he's better than me". He's on the clock for me and I'm not as high on Miles as others. I need Miles and Bacon playing downhill and their 3 attempts should come specifically from drive and kicks. Nothing pains me more than Miles stand still 3s. He's just not there yet BUT the fact that he takes them is encouraging strangely.

#31 Adam42R Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:16 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Bacon is oddly a step behind everywhere right now. I have to admit, I am stunned. I thought with his world against us attitude and his great finish last year, he was going to be the lead dog of this pack. He's simply not been.

#32 Adam42R Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:20 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Oh and for all those that lament us not getting national tv games, exactly what value do they provide? We have to be like 4 for 40 in them over the last 14 years.

#33 buckets Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
A running joke that MKG isn’t getting burn.

MKG, Miles, PJ, and Cody is a nice NBA 4-man group.
#Chodidthemath

#34 Keetch Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:00 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
We seem to play predictably flat against good teams, but inspired against others. Man, Rozier, Monk, Bacon, Zeller were way off. Marvin struggled. PJ and Graham weren’t hitting. The Celtics experience, talent and defensive length looked overwhelming at times. When Hayward is moving, hitting shots and passing like that + Kemba and Tatum; well they’re very good.
Rollin' in Doh

#35 Keetch Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:11 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
So much turnovers. So many dumb passes. I’ve been crazy frustrated with Batum being lauded for his passing (you mean to the other team?). But with these young guys his random turnovers wouldn’t stand out and maybe if just maybe he’d play with a little confidence he might could help this team.
Rollin' in Doh

#36 Chef Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:19 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I'm right they're with you Gib. I'd prioritize those three. I'd like to see what we ultimately have in Co.Martin but not at the cost of using contracts to make a G.Haywood signing type move a la 2014.

I don't think tonight is indicative of whom we are. I felt the team, like the Hornets fans in the arena wanted this over more than they wanted this to play or tonight. I might be applying my own filter but the vibe was odd as hell, like subdued mild entertainment outside of a few flashier plays. I want to think we'll see who we are on Saturday and I'm hoping were more the scrappy team of the last 3 games than tonight's crew.

disagree. i think it is exactly who they are. 4 wins: bulls, kings, warriors (g league team), pacers (1/2 g league) average margin of victory 4pts. 4 losses: lakers, clippers, wolves, celtics average margin of loss 20 pts. 

this is a bad team. they surprisingly have a few bright spots but overall they are a very sub par professional team and that was on full display. they got outplayed. it wasn't the "moment" it was the talent.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#37 Chef Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:20 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Bacon is oddly a step behind everywhere right now. I have to admit, I am stunned. I thought with his world against us attitude and his great finish last year, he was going to be the lead dog of this pack. He's simply not been.

the difference between 8th on the scouting report and 2nd.

#38 Chef Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:22 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

it is so nice seeing kemba playing with teammates and a staff that makes the game so easy for him. poor shooting night, but still can have a huge impact on winning the game. i know it was so nice for him to come back to charlotte, but you can just tell he is enjoying basketball so much more. i know he wishes it could have happened in charlotte.

#39 nowhere fast Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:09 AM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

No doubt this team has a talent deficit.  The real question is whether the talent we do have are showing enough to justify hope they'd grow into contributors on a legit competitive team down the line.

#40 Chef Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:37 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

No doubt this team has a talent deficit.  The real question is whether the talent we do have are showing enough to justify hope they'd grow into contributors on a legit competitive team down the line.

not new news but i say no with about 3 exceptions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users