We are stinking it up

#3 buckets Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:21 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Melton is the bargain bin version of Rozier except with better upside (and 1/10th the cost).
#Chodidthemath

#4 Adam42R Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,458 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
We have several guys playing seriously low bball IQ games tonight. ...and we're still in this which is amazing
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#5 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
I don't think Bridges ever has high bb IQ and Rozier definitely has those dummy games. Mixed with atrocious shooting once again we are down. Also would love to see someone lay a real hard foul to Valanciunas

#6 WIAN Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,324 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
Rozier is a hoot to watch. I was frustrated by his play earlier in the season but now that I know what to expect....this is fun.

#7 Adam42R Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,458 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Well I'm of the opinion that anyone passing Biz the ball below his chest is low bball iq. I have simple standards
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#8 buckets Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:05 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,766 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Yeah to be clear the Rozier-Melton observation was about Melton, not necessarily a dig at Rozier.
#Chodidthemath

#9 WIAN Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:10 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,324 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
I smell a last minute run by the Buzz

#10 Adam42R Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,458 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Which minute you thinking?

#11 buckets Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,766 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

That runway is getting awful short
#Chodidthemath

#12 WIAN Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:22 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,324 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
Wishful thinking??

#13 Whiz Kid Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

Whiz Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Unpopular opinion:

In games like the last couple, when we are absolute shit shooting the ball, we’d benefit a lot more playing Hernangomez over Cody or Biz as a big who can actually score the ball down low in the half court semi-reliably through these cold stretches.

#14 Adam42R Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,458 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

To me, this sort of thing normally (if not always) resides with the coaching staff. I don't know how you can consider it a player only issue, especially since it seems rather like a repeat offense of this team.

#15 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08

Unpopular opinion:

In games like the last couple, when we are absolute shit shooting the ball, we’d benefit a lot more playing Hernangomez over Cody or Biz as a big who can actually score the ball down low in the half court semi-reliably through these cold stretches.

We shot terribly tonight, however, our bigger problem was the inability to get stops. As much as I love Billy, he would not have helped that cause. Billy has proven that every point he gains on offense he loses plus some on defense

#16 Chef Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:00 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,724 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
I think this team is regressing to their mean. The last handful of games are troublesome in terms of shots falling and more worrisome, bbiq

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#17 QC Thundercats Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:56 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,348 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

To me, this sort of thing normally (if not always) resides with the coaching staff. I don't know how you can consider it a player only issue, especially since it seems rather like a repeat offense of this team.

Maybe, I don't know if you can say always.  I don't think there are a lot of "rah rah" tricks that work in the pro game.  Its great for college since theres only 30 games, and you can crack a game open on young adult adrenaline.  But grown men 40 games into an 82 game season would tune a cheerleader coach out in a second.

From what I can tell, JB and his staff have always carried themselves as consistent, professional, detail oriented coaches, if not in game management, at least in public appearances and preparation.  I guess unprofessionalism comes into play in expecting players not to be lackadaisical in a game that was needed to keep pace against a very beatable team. 

There are always "tactics" to get motivation, but it can backfire against young coaches like Ham Biscuit and Dunlap.  Plus as Chef said above, does lack of bball IQ contribute to this, as you can give any student the material they need, its up to them to absorb and apply it as is expected of a professional.

#18 WIAN Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,324 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
JB showed some visable frustration towards Rozier following a ridiculous lob attempt to Biz. I liked it hope I see more of it.

#19 jfoster Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:47 AM

jfoster

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,486 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina
borrego looked pretty pissed when monk got that delay of game for not gettin in position for the free throw.

#20 Chef Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,724 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Maybe, I don't know if you can say always.  I don't think there are a lot of "rah rah" tricks that work in the pro game.  Its great for college since theres only 30 games, and you can crack a game open on young adult adrenaline.  But grown men 40 games into an 82 game season would tune a cheerleader coach out in a second.

From what I can tell, JB and his staff have always carried themselves as consistent, professional, detail oriented coaches, if not in game management, at least in public appearances and preparation.  I guess unprofessionalism comes into play in expecting players not to be lackadaisical in a game that was needed to keep pace against a very beatable team. 

There are always "tactics" to get motivation, but it can backfire against young coaches like Ham Biscuit and Dunlap.  Plus as Chef said above, does lack of bball IQ contribute to this, as you can give any student the material they need, its up to them to absorb and apply it as is expected of a professional.

here is the thing, i am not sure it is unprofessional. there just aren't any bucket getters on the team. devonte is a nice revelation but now that he is defensive priority #1, he is going to need to adapt (and take the 300 level course kemba took to start converting at the rim and mid range). they get down because the just aren't go to scorers to keep pace. 

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users