26 replies to this topic

#1 Adam42R Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:28 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,571 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#2 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:20 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,866 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
i like the purple tigers

#3 WIAN Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,345 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
I guess we can find out if the Blazers are as bad as their record states they are.

#4 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:24 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,866 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Graham finally having a good game

#5 Buzzau Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:43 PM

Buzzau

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,026 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
Nice 3rd quarter for a change

#6 Adam42R Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,571 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
That third quarter was insane
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#7 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
Not sure how they've done it but they have managed to remove all confidence and swagger from Malik yet again.

#8 WIAN Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:15 AM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,345 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
This team is nuts

#9 cltblkhscoach Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,312 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Man. Once again love the fight from the guys. The future is bright man, these other teams have more talent and Anthony Tolliver was the random dude who turned into Larry Bird tonight against us. Its unbeliveable.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#10 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:23 AM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
Rozier slipped but I don't think he had a shot anyways. Love running him off a screen ftw though as a lethal catch a shoot guy

#11 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:23 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,866 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Tough to be upset about a loss when PJ had 20 and 11, Graham 27 and 10 and Rozier 25pts with 7 boards to a team with superior talent. Love the fight in these guys

#12 dav7z Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:14 AM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,196 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

Batum leading the tank squad tonight .I am all for giving  that playing time to Monk,'Bacon' Martain.

Batum might be being show cased the last two games .So we can get a offer of a soda and a bag of chips for him 

#13 Founding Hornet Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:36 AM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,281 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Batum leading the tank squad tonight .I am all for giving that playing time to Monk,'Bacon' Martain.

Batum might be being show cased the last two games .So we can get a offer of a soda and a bag of chips for him

Showcased. Hahaha

I know what you mean but still funny

#14 Chef Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:36 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,841 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Batum leading the tank squad tonight .I am all for giving that playing time to Monk,'Bacon' Martain.

Slip some meth in his bag between French and us customs then let him go due to it.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#15 Mich_Mercer Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,851 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
Why in the hell is Monk pretty much going out of the rotation again? He’s looked good this season. He has the shortest leash on the team, by far. It’s super frustrating

#16 WIAN Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,345 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Showcased. Hahaha

I know what you mean but still funny

Yes that part lol

#17 QC Thundercats Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:53 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,373 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Lost 5 in a row and.....still can't shake loose of 9th place.  Gonna take a ton of hard work to even move up one spot, to 10th place.

Getting a big kick out of our dynamic duo.  They are basically a low rent version of CJ and Dame.  Although the danger with that is that Portland's invested $57 Million per year in those 2, and they barely have a better record than us.  I know they're injured, but kinda shows a tenuous hold on success that those two can't cover for if key people are out.

#18 Chef Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:53 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,841 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Lost 5 in a row and.....still can't shake loose of 9th place.  Gonna take a ton of hard work to even move up one spot, to 10th place.

Getting a big kick out of our dynamic duo.  They are basically a low rent version of CJ and Dame.  Although the danger with that is that Portland's invested $57 Million per year in those 2, and they barely have a better record than us.  I know they're injured, but kinda shows a tenuous hold on success that those two can't cover for if key people are out.

i was going to post a thought on this theme. but honestly, i don't care all that much. anyway....

given the dynamics of the dame/cj rotation and its successes/failures, does it make sense to even go down that road? how far can you get with a defensively challenged rotation of rozier/devonte? sure right now it is fine, but is it still fine when its costs start to spread into the 40% of the cap territory?

or is it more of young teams are bad at defense kind of thing? 

devonte is a very solid pg. i love his command of the floor particularly with passing and not forcing the scoring issue when shots aren't there. it is a huge encouragement that even though he is getting so much more defensive attention and open threes aren't there, he isn't chucking up bad shots in volume. my biggest questions are 1. is he a long term starting pg and 2. is worth $20 mil per year?

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#19 QC Thundercats Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,373 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

i was going to post a thought on this theme. but honestly, i don't care all that much. anyway....

given the dynamics of the dame/cj rotation and its successes/failures, does it make sense to even go down that road? how far can you get with a defensively challenged rotation of rozier/devonte? sure right now it is fine, but is it still fine when its costs start to spread into the 40% of the cap territory?

or is it more of young teams are bad at defense kind of thing? 

devonte is a very solid pg. i love his command of the floor particularly with passing and not forcing the scoring issue when shots aren't there. it is a huge encouragement that even though he is getting so much more defensive attention and open threes aren't there, he isn't chucking up bad shots in volume. my biggest questions are 1. is he a long term starting pg and 2. is worth $20 mil per year?

On the one hand, those 2 with a healthy team were 3rd in the West and got to the Western Finals, so it seems a worthy investment for them.  And I don't think Terry and Devonte can quite get to the same level, so they would probably never approach that cap cost.  

But I've always felt that Terry can be considered a good investment if he lives up to his contract and becomes a valuable trade piece.  And as good as he's been playing, I wonder if a playoff team in need of a scoring punch may kick the tires.  As fun as its been, now may be the ideal time to flip him and Marvin, get a couple picks and/or young guy who needs a shot.

As for Graham, his growth progression makes me think hes a long term starting pg.  Matching him with a 2 with good size and shooting will help unlock all his powers. And I realize thats the same damn drum we were beating for Kemba for every year of his career, which of course never happened. But maybe we'll finally get it right this generation.

#20 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:46 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,866 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

I need to see Devonte get back to his early season play or close to it before I say he's our long term PG the past few weeks he's been in an awful slump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users