30 replies to this topic

#1 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:20 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
Very winnable game tonight against a team that consistently has played down to weaker opponents this season. Have to give consistent effort which it seems this team doesn't lack. Lets go!

#2 cltblkhscoach Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:23 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Good start for the guys, I was afraid we would get boat raced from the start here

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#3 cltblkhscoach Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,309 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Well, tonights guy is Michael Porter Jr. At least thats a little more justified but still. Damn

#4 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:49 PM

GOBOBCATS24

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
If any of you were questioning why Billy Hernangomez can't be a center in the NBA, tonight is a perfect showcase. Unfortunately he just has negative defensive tendencies and IQ. Shame because offensively he has a ton of skill.

#5 jfoster Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:50 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,492 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

Well, tonights guy is Michael Porter Jr. At least thats a little more justified but still. Damn

would have been nice to take a flyer on him. kid is gifted

#6 Chef Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:51 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,839 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
I am ready for 85% of this roster to change to bad contracts and future picks.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#7 Mich_Mercer Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:57 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,851 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
Well... I guess Monk is totally out of the rotation now. So frustrating. Makes me not want to watch. I don’t get it.

#8 cltblkhscoach Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:57 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,309 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Who do you keep

#9 Adam42R Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,568 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Terry, Devonte, PJ, Miles, Bacon, and Malik are the only ones I hope we'd care to carry over but I don't care if the others play (a good bit). In that regard, if we swapped out a handful of our expiring or near expiring contracts for value adding bigs or a dynamic shooting guard, then I am just as happy to have that player (and contract) help these guys build upon what they have into next year. Count me completely out of just playing the youth only and letting them sink or swim. History shows they sink. Bottom line is that I'd rather us develop guys picked 10th - 50th vs. going full shitshow and hoping for a top 3 player that might not pan out and never knowing if he would because he'd be landing on a team that practices losing.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#10 Chef Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,839 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Who do you keep

Devonte and pj

Terry I would trade for one of those decreasing protections first to an iffy team trying to make noise (Orlando) but I really like him.

Miles I would trade for the same type of deal.

Adam is actually right with his take, I am just sick of this team.

#11 Whiz Kid Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Trade Monk (preferably to Memphis just because I want to see if he could get right with Ja). It’s clear as day that he isn’t in the future plans, get an asset for him if this is the case. Rotting on the bench does him or us any good so I hope something is in the works in this regard.

#12 Chef Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:41 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,839 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Well... I guess Monk is totally out of the rotation now. So frustrating. Makes me not want to watch. I don’t get it.

I wonder if he isn't a jerk behind the scenes. Only angle that makes any sense even though I would be pretty surprised by that. He seems like a cool dude that is well liked by the other players.

#13 Adam42R Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:42 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,568 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

lol Chef, I thought you weren't watching the games haha

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#14 Adam42R Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:49 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,568 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I wonder if he isn't a jerk behind the scenes. Only angle that makes any sense even though I would be pretty surprised by that. He seems like a cool dude that is well liked by the other players.

The other angle is that there is some Pop approach JB is trying to establish explicit control. Not sure if Malik either responds well or unwell to it but it might have less to do w/ what Malik is putting out there and more about what can be put/pushed through him for some larger benefit.

#15 WIAN Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:50 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,344 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
3rd Qtrs R Us

#16 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

GOBOBCATS24

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
You could tell as soon as Bacon came into the game for the first time tonight that he wasn't there mentally. Why is he playing over Monk? Batum I can understand because of the whole France thing. But if Batum doesn't go roght back to the bench after France then IDK what we are thinking. Hope we ship Monk out of town so he gets a fair shake.

#17 Adam42R Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:55 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,568 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

This is as old as Marvin has ever looked to me on the court. And oddly, it's the greatest proof ever that all the speculation that Biz was 30 when he was drafted at 18 was crap.  Dude looks energy-wise like he's one of the young guns out there.

#18 Mich_Mercer Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,851 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Trade Monk (preferably to Memphis just because I want to see if he could get right with Ja). It’s clear as day that he isn’t in the future plans, get an asset for him if this is the case. Rotting on the bench does him or us any good so I hope something is in the works in this regard.

He and Ja would be so solid I think. We just seem to not be the team for him, for whatever reason. From my eye test... we look the best when he’s in the game making plays. I have no doubt that with more minutes, it would result in better play for us. But instead, we just kill his confidence for no reason. Everyone is allowed to make mistakes, but Monk. I feel like he hardly has a chance to make a mistake now though.

#19 Adam42R Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,568 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I don't know Mitch, MKG is not allowed to see the floor practically ever this year, that's a guy that could do no wrong under the prior regime. Cody Martin saw minutes but now he's gone the way of the dodo bird. Willy sees no appreciable time, Biz' nose break excluded.  I'd say it's a coaching pattern, not just something targeting Monk. Monk is the most obvious however as a lot of us want to see him get burn.  My honest guess is that coach sees this as some trade off and he wants to see more Bacon or Miles in that position (of 3) than Monk. I hope that changes because I have liked Monk more than both of those guys this year to date.

#20 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:13 PM

GOBOBCATS24

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
These refs are on some bull shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users