49 replies to this topic

#1 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#2 cltblkhscoach Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,333 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

I don't know how many more games I'm going to this season man. Lol 

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#3 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Yeah, it's hard to get it in gear on weekdays right now. Average weekday arrival time has slipped to 4m left in Q1.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4 Chef Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,894 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Yeah, it's hard to get it in gear on weekdays right now. Average weekday arrival time has slipped to 4m left in Q1.

I've lost count of the number of times I realized there was a game at 815 after reading a zero reply game thread here once the kids were in bed.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#5 buckets Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,006 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I don't know how many more games I'm going to this season man. Lol

Pre-season and *40 home games is a ton for high lotto teams. Admirable you’ve made it to February.
#Chodidthemath

#6 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Pre-season and *40 home games is a ton for high lotto teams. Admirable you’ve made it to February.

This is year 9 lol. Believe we've sat in the arena for 5 total playoff games as STHers. 7 total in the common era. When I contemplate the success to expenses ratio, it's an irresponsible investment.

#7 buckets Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:02 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,006 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

This is year 9 lol. Believe we've sat in the arena for 5 total playoff games as STHers. 7 total in the common era. When I contemplate the success to expenses ratio, it's an irresponsible investment.

The 5 PO games in 9 years angle is a gut punch for sure.
#Chodidthemath

#8 cltblkhscoach Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:20 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,333 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Rep reached out to me yesterday and I didn't even respond. I think I'm done for now man. Maybe in 2 years I'll come back

#9 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:40 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Rep reached out to me yesterday and I didn't even respond. I think I'm done for now man. Maybe in 2 years I'll come back

It's so odd how attached I am to holding onto our front row seats. But with kids and knowing the difference as a kid of fun and no fun of being able to see the game, I feel I have to hold onto what I have, lest I won't be able to get them back in a reasonable time frame.  I certainly hope they do something to show us long term folks some love for the  term of the commitment.

#10 Chef Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:42 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,894 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

It's so odd how attached I am to holding onto our front row seats. But with kids and knowing the difference as a kid of fun and no fun of being able to see the game, I feel I have to hold onto what I have, lest I won't be able to get them back in a reasonable time frame. I certainly hope they do something to show us long term folks some love for the term of the commitment.

If the past is an indicator expect a price raise with a "free" non alcohol concession voucher.

#11 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

If the past is an indicator expect a price raise with a "free" non alcohol concession voucher.

Nah, they haven't been tone deaf generally.  The 2 year fixed price was - IMO - them getting out in front of realizing that Kemba might not make it through that trade deadline (or the perception of that).  They did that years ago too when they locked in. The issue is the rebound in price 2-3 seasons later which comes as a shock but it's not bad if you look at the average.

They are offering a trade up right now for us - move one price point up for no cost change next year.  It's not going to work for us because there are only like 24 seats in the arena that meet that criteria for me, and 4 together of those 24 is insanely low likelihood.  What is more likely to happen is that they do offer something to make good for folks that cannot move, but it won't be game changing.  And in reality, if it's shitty instead of just not game changing, I might take my money and walk out of protest. But I am hoping it won't come to that.  We like the family experience.  

#12 cltblkhscoach Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,333 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

With the snow flying right now in Charlotte, I'd expect a sparser than normal weekend crowd tonight

#13 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:30 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

With the snow flying right now in Charlotte, I'd expect a sparser than normal weekend crowd tonight

Two of my favorite games of all time were snow games.  

But what's funny is that several times, reporters (that I assume weren't here for the Bobcats run entirely) say how much of a ghost town it is on a Monday or Tuesday game and not realize that those current day sparse crowds were decent non-prime-game-weekend games in the Dunlap/Clifford Bobcat era.  

#14 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,940 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
I still enjoy watching the team as much as I did previous years, but I definitely don’t make anywhere near the financial commitments you guys make to the team. I only attend 3-5 games a season and sit in the nose bleeds with a friend typically. I’m also the type of weird person who enjoys Summer League basketball or Preseason football though.

Really excited for tonight’s game, tomorrow is my 21rst birthday and I’m going to the game tonight then meeting up with friends after. Hopefully PJ can go off for me

#15 Mich_Mercer Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,866 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I’m excited to see Monk play big minutes, since it’s obvious we are giving up on the season. That said, Monk will play 12 minutes tonight.

#16 Adam42R Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:44 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,636 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I’m excited to see Monk play big minutes, since it’s obvious we are giving up on the season. That said, Monk will play 12 minutes tonight.

That is my concern. Honestly, we should be playing only the guys we need an honest evaluation on.  Monk absolutely needs to play some time at the point along side Devonte. We need to stop putting him out there with Bacon and Terry where he basically needs to tackle someone for the ball.  I am not Monk's #1 fan but I have way more faith in him than the coaching staff appears to.

#17 Mich_Mercer Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,866 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

That is my concern. Honestly, we should be playing only the guys we need an honest evaluation on. Monk absolutely needs to play some time at the point along side Devonte. We need to stop putting him out there with Bacon and Terry where he basically needs to tackle someone for the ball. I am not Monk's #1 fan but I have way more faith in him than the coaching staff appears to.

For me, the is just that much more exciting when he has the ball. He makes plays for everyone. Not sure why they don’t do that more. With more time, I have no doubt that he could be our best scorer and play maker. I don’t understand why we don’t just try to give him more minutes. It wouldn’t hurt to close out the year.

#18 buckets Posted 08 February 2020 - 01:58 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,006 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I just picked him up in HP fantasy hoping the same / knowing JB’s irrational minutes allocation awaits.
#Chodidthemath

#19 Chef Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,894 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Hopefully y'all don't have to evaporate

#20 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,940 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
I haven’t see a single centimeter of snow stick

0 user(s) are reading this topic